Wednesday, August 16, 2006

"If you could only see the way she loves me.. Then maybe you would understand.." - Tonic

Depicting a tinge of sadness and loneliness when seeing one running at full steam, right-smack into an erected stonewall. I turned off the telly after a contestant on Rock star: Supernova got ousted. Chris Pierson stripped down Tonic’s hit – If you could only see, to bare strings.

This arrangement, coupled with Chris’s vocals, was astounding. Supernova assembled a group of talented rockers to get a new lead singer to front their band, ala INXS. They were strict about it and that show how much music meant to them. Chris was inevitably eliminated. Looking at his face as his heart crashed inside of him, he still managed to be graceful in defeat.

"If you could only see the way she loves me
Then maybe you would understand
Why I feel this way about our love
And what I must do
If you could only see how blue her eyes can be when she says
When she says she loves me" - Tonic

It got me reminiscing about my stint in Singapore Idol. I kinda think that I’m worth a shot in it. Especially after viewing the crap dished out on a weekly basis. Choosing the songs to belt out would be a challenge.

Now this's how my song choices lined up

Piano Show: Tonight I Wanna Cry – Keith Urban
Parent’s Choice: Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
Number 1 Hits: One Last Cry – Brian McKnight
The Classics: Fly Me To The Moon – Frank Sinatra
British Invasion: Imagine – John Lennon
Home, Family & Friends: Life Story – Dick Lee
Rock The House:
When She Says She Loves Me – Tonic

Maybe it was only meant to me
-Go Figure

4 comments:

glowbubble said...

don't give up on your dreams Will! :) You've got potential~!

Anonymous said...

Are you a singer?

Unknown said...

well...
at least i try to be one..

said...

Come on you can sing.....