Tuesday, October 10, 2006

"Somehow I couldn't quite summon the nerve...Upon each anniversary do you ever think of me?" - Burt Bacharach

Sometimes “Closures” don’t happen the way you want it to. The seams, once sewn taut, are now agape. They’re calling for amendments. But for now, it doesn’t really matter.

I presumed a birthday greeting would be just that, nothing more.
There are no emotions in text messages but you might feel some with this one:

“Happy Birthday… Take care…”
“Thank you. By the way, may I know who this is…?”

I didn’t put up this post until a couple of days later.

More often than not, there won’t be any closures. Shit happens but life still goes on.

"I never thought that it would be like this but now I see I see you share your cake with him Unwrapping presents that I should have sent" - Burt Bacharach

Seems like this was just a “phase” for her

The blessed union of two souls
Declared by a false prophet.
The binding of hearts became none
Ever since forever, it’s all been said and done

The lion has no pride and honor
When you shaved off its mane
Clone my heart once again
To relieve it from its prison of pain

Joy and jubilation
Frustration and depression
Forgotten wishes and eradicated dreams
this was all nothing as it seemed

Exiled into the forest
Living with bears, she might be.
Her life, now, means nothing more
than the ant on the snow covered tree.
Arrivederci... "May God be with ye"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must have been hard on you...

Give *a pat on your shoulder*

Take care.

Wei said...

Hard-Your-Head-I-Know-You-Only-Like-To-Write-Like-This-So-You-Would-Sound-Soulful-Cause-If-You-Dun-SOund-Soulful-It-Doesn't-Appeal-To-The-Songwriting-Instincts-In-You-So-Quit-Earning-Hugs-And-Pats-On-Your-Godamn-Shoulders-This-Way-You-Prick-Love-You-Anyway-Cause-We-Are-Brudders. Haha