Monday, May 19, 2008

"Girl, don't you know you can't escape me. cos you know that you'll always be my baby." – David Cook

A dead rat welcomed me at the very start of the working week. The air is still as you enter the premises. There is an audible silence. Treading into unchartered waters has been my forte since the beginning of my professional employment. I humbly foray into marketing; or so I thought.

Enchanted molecules dissipated into the surrounding skies as my mind spiraled into nothingness. Every ounce of my dreams and ambition has wilted into nonexistence. Everything that was taught in every institution I've attended has been erroneous.

As I resisting temptations to morph into a clock-watching, order-taking, mindless drone, I have to blend myself into this atrocious culture.

Everyone is bending backwards (read: spineless) for the bosses.

Is this supposed to be the Singapore way?
Is this supposed to be "World Class"?

"Girl, don't you know you can't escape me. cos you know that you'll always be my baby." – David Cook

The land of Bucaady is encompassed with serenity and peace. Many warlords have also been eyeing the land for its abundance in resources. My men have informed me that a Dark Force is enroute to devour villages and cities – Bucaady is one of them.

The agreement was made for the Elite Forces from the Kingdom of Will, Virex, to defend the stronghold. Knowing Virex can only provide a few veterans of war and strategists, the Chief of Bucaady, Lekkin, assembled his men of farmers and craftsmen into the front yard.

"Today… We fight!" He declared.
“With what sire?” a townsfolk asked.
“With our picks and forks.”

Everyone stood there motionless as the Dark Force emerged from the dense forestation out into the open.

I was watching the waves as a crimson tail teetered above the waters…
She was with another...

Go figure

we were as one babe
for a moment in time
and it seemed everlasting
that you would always be mine

now you want to be free
so I'm letting you fly
cause i know in my heart babe
our love will never die,no!

you'll always be a part of me
i'm a part of you indefinitely
girl don't you know you can't escape me
ooh darling cause you'll always be my baby
and we'll linger on time can't erase a feeling this strong
no way you're never gonna shake me
ooh darling cause you'll always be my baby



5 comments:

mademoiselle said...

Good 4 months for just a post of yours. Splendid.

Princess Girlicious said...

For you, her lord,
she drunk the potion and
betrayed her kingdom
but she saw her lord embraced another
hurt and devastated,
she went back to her kingdom
but she was not able to swim freely
she got lost in the kingdoms

Unknown said...

seeing all your posts here.. the feeling is a mix. the you that i know and the you here, resemblance in someway yet different. but like you said, you're the ducky, not really surfacing what's beneath you... i like doing this, surfacing the beneath bit-by-bit. :)

AnRu said...

Baby! Time to blog again!!

JadePuppy said...

Hi, if you would remember someone as humble as i am, im jade. norikox9@hotmail.com are we frens?? Hope we are. lol