Monday, January 21, 2008

”It's too late to apologize… It's too late…” – One Republic

Wonder what car does Father Time drive?
I guess it has to be a twin engine, supped up, turbo-charged Ferrari.
Nah, not the F1 model, it probably has to be one of the F450s or Enzos – he has an image to upkeep.

It’s been two entire months since I posted an entry here.
I guess the readers (or lack thereof) have dwindled to a mere 3 countable ones – Me, Myself and I.

Oh well, life’s always been tough. It’s never been smooth sailing.
Whoever came up with that phrase must not have been a sailor.
Who the fuck said that sailing wasn’t tough?
It is one of the all rounded sports in competitive history – physically and mentally.

Being at the brunt of shout spasms is what I have to endure till this very moment.
Someone even mentioned that I lack the eye for design.

Well… technically, that’s correct. I am not design trained. However true that may be, aesthetics are not to be measured.

There is no wrong in design.
There’s only intent in its communication.

Here, I’ll turn the page and carry forth with the next chapter.

"It's too late to apologize… It's too late…" – One Republic
The seas were raging as a storm was imminent.
I have been trapped in this urn, this demonic excuse of a sarcophagus cast by Jade.
For I know not day or night, for I can’t tell the ticking of time.
For what it has seemed like an eternity.

Swaying amongst the distinctive sounds of the sea, I can only crave death.
Time seemed to stand still, ever so still, as the waves smacked against my cocoon in rhythmic fashion. Then, the sounds seemed different, the waves – distant.
Have I hit shore, have I…?

Light flowed into the urn. I can see the sky again.
A little voice whispered, “hey there. I’m Aurelia.”

I turned and glanced at its direction and I saw a sight that was to behold.
Complete with a tail of crimson scales and hair as shiny as the Arabian night.
I’ve only heard it in stories told by fishermen and sailors. Hence I deemed it folklore.
I thought they were only mythical beings. But now, standing before me was a mermaid.

Just another figment of my imagination...




3 comments:

Princess B said...

Heart pain...

Unknown said...

Why heart pain?

AnRu said...

For you, young sailor
She'll shed her scales
Give up her fins
Her treasures of the seas
For honest, earth-bound, weary feet
And the chance to walk alongside thee

She'll surrender the power birth conferred
Silence her song and
Seduce not another
For a mermaid falls in love but once
And henceforth ceases to be