Thursday, August 09, 2007

“I found you here… Now please just stay for a while… I can move on with you around…” – Avenged Sevenfold

Violence, drugs and booze were all well-staged in one grand gig. A “rock” concert to be exact. Things were progressing as planned. Before “Avenged Sevenfold” could take the stage, the noise was deafening.

Then, chaos erupted as the first string of the guitar was struck…

“I found you here… Now please just stay for a while… I can move on with you around…” – Avenged Sevenfold

It might be illusions, it could have been delusions. But I thought she would stay by me, on the throne beside mine. The battle of Fort Canning Hill on that fateful day was unforgettable. Etched into the annals of my mind were flashes of the gargoyles, demons and the living dead laying siege unto the Castle.

I drew my sword and braced my fears before I fought the dark minions. Several women and children were crushed up against the barricade as I held the evil underlings back as gallantly as I could. A goblin flung itself onto my path and met with the tip of my blade. I left it lying in a heap of bloody mess.

The tone was set; I have to get my queen out of here…

I carried her in my arms and ran through the onslaught.
She was unhurt…
She was unscathed…
“I’m glad you’re fine… Jade…”

I lied on the meadows assessing my injuries…
Then she spoke, “this may not be the best of times, but I have to tell you something,”
I looked at her knowingly, “I know… It’s okay…”


4 comments:

*=Yvonne eLizaBeth=* said...

u never fail to amaze me with ur entry...

nice one.

=)

Z said...

hi! found you thru your helium account (from your 'i don't need a women' poem to be exact. i liked it)

this entry confused me a bit at first until i realised that those were lyrics.

nicely done! your narrative skills are pretty good =)

and i love a7x ^_^

Z said...

*woman. sorry. i hate typos >_o

Unknown said...

Thanks yvonne.
i'm gonna post another entry soon.
just finished my maiden attempt at a rock song...

Hi Zaty
thanks for dropping by
A7X were awesome... too bad i disliked the ppl at the concert.

cheers
Will