Saturday, April 22, 2006

"Even the best falls down sometimes.." - Howie Day

On this post, there'll be no "medeival narrations" and plagarisms.
However, I would pretty much like to share something on a personal note.

It seems that the sparkle of Mother Nature and Father Time's mechanism never seem to cease. But there always come a point when life just seem to stop, and yet time still goes on.

"Even the best falls down sometimes.." - Howie Day

My ultimate fear unveiled right before my very eyes and I eventually succumbed. The last day of my National Service was on the 25th Dec 2005. And of course, I was already clearing my leave 2 weeks back.

I was exhausted yet relieved, so I took it "nice and easy". That, ladies and gentlemen, brought about my downfall. Now I've lost my best friend, soulmate, buddy, pool-mate, lover, and perhaps wife, everything seems insignicant. Life no longer serves a purpose. And perhaps, I might also have experienced mild depression syndromes.

Have you experienced life being a bitch?
While writhing on the ground in agony, it takes another whack at you.

At one time, dare I say, I was one helleuva goalkeeper. Representing various amateur teams and playing at every level except professionally. Maybe I got too big headed, perhaps a little too cocky. Hence, the Gods from the "Sporting Realm" decided that enough was enough.
And the punishment: my ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) in my left knee, was torn.

I could no longer play the game I love. No more sudden change in motion and direction.
No more bursts (or lack of) speed. But all's not lost, I still have "B", we can work out together.

Then, like a bolt from the summer's blue, a tinge of depression settled upon from the somber sky. Everything seemed to be subtle; every motion, every thought, every reflex.
Everything that was mundane seemed to decelerate, making them appear even less important.
Something was amiss.. But I just cant quite put a finger on it...

It was my fault. A moment of folly that resulted in a lifetime of regret.
Apologies seem to be meaningless now,
yet moving on would be the only way of saying "I'm Sorry".

Go Figure
Peace

2 comments:

gen said...

a dark past, a bright future.

StarZ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.