Monday, February 05, 2007

"Just remember darlin' all the while... You belong to me" - Jim Reeves

A love, so true, tugged my heartstrings on American Idol recently.
Mr. Sherman Pore lost his wife to cancer a couple of days before the auditions.
He was no ordinary Idol-Wannabe.
He is 86.

Before his wife passed on,
He got over 300 signatures on a petition, requesting him to sing on the reality show. He only wanted to sing just one song… for his late wife…

"I believe that its moved her passing and made it a little softer... it made it a little softer..."
- Sherman Pore



See the pyramids along the Nile
Watch the sunset on a tropic isle
Just remember darlin' all the while
You belong to me

See the market place in Old Algiers
Send me photographs and souvenirs
Just remember when a dream appears
You belong to me

I'll be so alone without you
Maybe you'll be lonesome too, and blue
Fly the ocean in a silver plane
See the jungle when it's wet with rain

Just remember 'til I'm home again
You belong to me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's really sweet....

Jessica Tan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.