Tuesday, March 06, 2007

“It's more than just words… it's just tears and rain” – James Blunt

Twenty-nine days of absence might be sufficient for me to clear my thoughts about everything. The turn of the lunar New Year seemingly flew by like the shooting star across the Arabian night sky. Completely baffled by circumstances beyond my dictatorship, I tried to out run life itself.

I tried to wonder (again), “why blog?”

While pondering over this query, I douched my ears with the “chipmonk-ish” voice of a certain James Blunt. The lyrics of “Tears and Rain” seemed to have hypnotically entranced my mind, putting me in a state of somnolence. My mind was at ease, and every breath inhaled was saccharine and chaste.

I need time off to take my mind away from the entire calamity that I’m living through. Essential qualities and moralities in life are missing. Every one is seemingly willing to forfeit that only flicker of hope, opting to lie motionless in the presence of a vulture waiting to pounce on its prey.

Reflections of the future revealed themselves before me, one image at a time.

I browsed several blogs, most of them (more often than not), takes digs at humanity. These blogs are quite popular with the local folks here in Singapore.

The popularity of some bloggers have propelled them to celebrity status, even nabbing a few endorsement and hosting deals in the process. I guess this sorta brings blogging to an entire new level.

In the space of 2 hours, I experienced two tremors. No I wasn’t in Japan. I was sitting in my office, right smack in the northern region of Woodlands, Singapore. I knew at that point of time, there was an occurrence on the other side of the world and I didn’t seem to care much about it.

Go Figure

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't ever lose hope! the sun still shines whether you see it or not.
why not choose to see the good in all things and be hopeful, than to see the bad and think sad thoughts?

afterall, there is someone up there who watches over you.

go figure. :)

Unknown said...

I might not know who you are..
but i'll still tell you this..

Reminiscence still lingers in my very mind.
No one can help but we have to learn to let go.
To me, nothing was a phase in life.
They were stories…

Stories to narrate when you’re 79.
Entertaining your children’s children.
We are all pawns of life.
In the end, we all just crash and burn.

I figured...

Anonymous said...

Gee, that sounds so melancholic. But anyway, everyone has their own thinking, so i guess you prefer to tell stories, while i prefer to edit stories told.

I'll like to tell my great-great-grandchildren my own stories too though. :)

Anonymous said...

it's all about learning...

learning the art of letting go...

Wei said...

Let go already? Let go already right? Still dun let go I fiack you lor.

Okay let's go.

Nabeh.

Anonymous said...

you can do it
im glad your really tryin'

God Bless

Anonymous said...

Moments of weakness... nights of vulnerability... where the tears come easily...

Anonymous said...

I guess in our lives, there would be people and events that we will never forget. Time may come and dim the heartache. But the memories will always haunt and linger.

I never believe in learning to let go. All I need to learn is to be patient and let time do its job. Memories I can deal with. Pangs of heartache, no.

Anonymous said...

think about it,what do you really want?..someone be there always thru all times or just somebody to be there for you only when you need them?..eventually you lose it before you ever realise...it's too late..
pls figure