Wednesday, April 19, 2006

"To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain from my eyes. Tonight I wanna cry." - Keith Urban

The relentless cacophony of noises are making in-roads in my mind.
"Le Symphony o' Din" is building crescendo with nonstop rings from over 20 phones, fingers beating upon countless keys on keyboards and incessant chatter from bitchy old women with nothing better to do. I think I'd rather be elsewhere. Allow me, then, to continue with my story...
"I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show. I thought that being strong meant never loosing my self control. But I'm just drunk enough, to let go of my pain, to hell with my pride, let it fall like rain from my eyes. Tonight I wanna cry." - Keith Urban
I inhaled a deep breath of air and boldly took a step towards the "Gates of Fort Ed"
"Thou shall not pass" I was rooted in my tracks as a voice boomed, "by order of the Sacred One, you shall not pass."
"But... Why?" I could hardly utter those words as shock and disbelief completely devoured me.
A silhouette appeared, "You, little one, are not worthy." and as it got closer, I saw him. A man clad in a black robe with maroon trims. He scoffed. "I can give her all that you can only imagine... And more... Much more..." His sentence faded off into a sinister laugh.
Then... I snapped.
My molars gritted together as my fingers were tucked in beneath my palm and I prepared to take a swipe at that monster. I ran towards him and prepared to give him all the rage I got channeled into one single punch.
A bolt of energy suddenly came crashing into my leg, bringing me to my knees. At that instant, I experienced a sickening crack. I was floored and immobilized. Now.. I'm surrounded.
A squadron of guardians gradually emerged from the misty setting. I closed my eyes and uttered a short prayer, begging the Almighty One for an ounce of strength, for one last hurrah. Muffled voices were heard in a distance, they were getting louder. The guardians stopped, looked and stared in awe.
I turned to see who, or what, could've made the feared "Holy Knights" halt and gaze in awe. My heart was throbbing faster, picking up speed in the process. My eyes glistened in tears. Now I know. God didnt give me physical strength, he's above that. Resorting to violence wont solve anything. And he knows better. He sent me the people from my kingdom.
They werent dressed in fine clothes nor had francy weapons. They were in rags and were only armed with stones and shovels. But the look in their eyes, that intent to defend me, were unmistakable.
All along i got caught up in reclaiming my Queen, that i disregarded those who love and respect me - the people in my kingdom. My love for my queen is definate. But I must not rid of the fact that the people need me just as much, if not more.
I must strive to rebuild my kingdom, "My Lord, give me strength..."
Go Figure.

2 comments:

Wei said...

"Uneasy is the head that wears the crown.."

I wonder if the Queens of hearts and Kings of Universe felt the same?

StarZ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.