Friday, May 26, 2006

"我拿什么和你计较...我想留的你想忘掉...原来牵着手走的路只有我一个相信天荒地老..." - 张宇

Not displaying a Probation Plate: $120
Going 103km/h on a 70km/h limit vehicle: $170
Enduring hunger this coming month: Priceless...
This was the aftermath to that unfortunate week began as such.

As the sun was warm and was accompanied by a gentle breeze, I strolled out of Woodlands MRT and embarked on my daily route to my office. The air was fresh and I believed that it'd be a beautiful day. Misfortune begged to differ. I have to scrimp and save on my next paycheck, just to pay for the fine.

"我拿什么和你计较...我想留的你想忘掉...曾经幸福的痛苦的该你的该我的... 到此一笔勾销...不痛的人不受煎熬... 原来牵着手走的路只有我一个相信天荒地老..." - 张宇

Written by his wife, 一个人天荒地老 depicts a person who reluctantly accepts reality. 张宇 emotes this song with astonishing credibility. Many people can relate to poignant songs like this one… including myself.

Sometimes when life gives you something, and then takes it back, you’d tend to fabricate a sort or lie or just bend the truth as a veil over your eyes from what really happened. Coming to terms will eventually bring you to your knees and get a reality check. And tears will undoubtedly begin to fall.

“You are so beautiful… to me…” – Joe Cocker

Yes it’s that song. It’s a very honest and forthright composition and delivered by one of America’s Greats, Joe Cocker.

Latest addition to the Winner’s list of American Idol, Taylor “Soul Patrol” Hicks, wowed the audiences globally with a recent delivery of his rendition of the song.

I happen to catch the completely hideous Debut of Singapore Idol 2. There weren’t any vocally outstanding ones and that brought about one conclusion- they weren’t looking for singers to begin with. That brought me back to the month of February, the 1st Round Auditions of Singapore Idol 2.

Under the blazing sun for 12 hours and 4 more hours of waiting the following day, hope and nerves were eventually overcame by fatigue. Maybe I wasn’t “colourful” enough for TV. I wanted to think that I was too blunt. During one of the interviews, I mentioned that Singapore Idol wasn’t just a singing competition, and that luck, will favor the winner.

Bummer.

2 comments:

Jacqueline, HuiLin said...

I've had a discussion with a few people on the 2nd season of Singapore Idol.

Well, we've joy & laughter after watching the 1st episode of the SI's 2nd audition last Sunday. I just couldn't believe those people got in..

Talk of the town:
Singapore cowboy VS Kungfu rapper

Entertainers engaged from Mediacorp? dotz...

Conclusion:
To fuilfill an idol dream, one need lots of luck + an outstanding appearance

Outstanding meaning really OUTstanding....with a tinge of speciality.

To get through the 1st round,
you're either a joker...or you have an EXTREME appearance (perhaps Te4 Se4)...and of course...lots & lots of luck....

Ultimately...its still luck, no matter where you go...

rach. said...

I'm beginning to think Singapore Idol is a complete waste of time. How morons can be let through to the second round is beyond me. The frist Singapore Idol was such a farce. I don't think this one will be any better.