Monday, May 29, 2006

"Don't discard me just because you think I mean you harm...But these cuts I have they need love to help them heal..." - Elton John

Life seems peaceful nowadays.
No more name-calling, finger-pointing, mud-slinging. It feels good to be at ease again.

Football fever is going to hit the shores yet again. The late night matches, those heavy eyelids in the morning, will infect most men in Singapore. And with the Great Singapore Sales coming along and will eventually occur concurrently with the World’s Grandeur Sporting Event, the local economy will definitely experience a boom.


"Don't discard me just because you think I mean you harm...But these cuts I have they need love to help them heal..."- Elton John

What is love?
Is it just a fabrication of the willful mind?
Or is it merely a word, used to manipulate the feelings of another?

Ok, here’s the deal.
From where I stand, Love is a hybrid mix of drastically contrasting sensations.
However, Love is also a state of behavior. Respect, Responsibility, Commitment are a few traits one should possess when in love.

I got to know this woman, C, who has tons of suitors and I “fortunately” got to bump into one of them. Built like a jockey, he possesses a very typical Taiwan boy-band-wannabe look (maybe I’m getting to old for this now). For now… Let’s name him Chewy.

Complete with THE hair, “cool” fashion-sense and the demure/shy etiquette, Chewy was just… that. C had to attend a birthday party after our date, with the birthday-boy setting her up with Chewy; she was apprehensive to grace the occasion. Nonetheless, she was there.

I have to sum it all up or else I’ll be labeled an Uncle sooner rather than later.

The party was, unsurprisingly, an all out romp session. C felt awkward to be present as she was the only girl (or human in this case) there to be engaging with the X-men on the Xbox rather than the X-men in the room.

Here’s my point, how could one openly declare his undying LOVE for another and have a full out swing-session in front of that same person.

Love and Lust…
Fine line indeed…
Peace.

15 comments:

rach. said...

Love and lust are two very different things. No fine line. Many people just seem to confuse them in those first torrents of emotions. In time, every thing filters out and fades away but if residues remain, those first emotions are that of love.

And don't ever sport that Taiwan boyband-wannabe look. I'll lose all respect for you.

Unknown said...

since when i look like a taiwanese boyband wannabe? i'm not even built like them =P

carol said...

"The difference between love and sex is sex relieves tension and love causes it."

So i cant said it's Chewy's fault.He might have 'love' C and it causes him tension, so hence, he went to the party and 'relieve' his tension.Like i always say,"Talk are cheap until you hire a lawyer." lol.

rach. said...

I know you don't look like a taiwanese boyband wannabe my dear.

gelatogirl said...

I agree with rach...
Love and lust are different things!
Take for example my lust for this dude called timothy, whom i'm working with in my present theatrical production.
He's damn smooth adn eloquent (i guess it comes with being in theatre), and its just arousing the way he forms his sentences...almost corny romantic, but u can still tell that he isn't trying to be, its just well, Theatrical!
I wanna do stuff to the boy man! Haha!!! I mean, he's single, and make great verbal foreplay...

While Love...I love adam!
We do have sex, yes...but i wouldn't call it sex anymore becaus eits more like, making love. The eagerness to please each other and make the other party feel all warm and fuzzy...and great at the same time!

BUT...yes, lust CAN turn into love if you're not careful...
And that's why, i'm careful...
Haha!

-Tanya-

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for u

gelatogirl said...

Well, i'm even more sorry for you, doode...u tried to do what i could, and failed...

Jess said...

Lol. Wow, Tanya, you're sooooo frank with ur sex fantasies and err.. ur sex life with ur bf.. HaHa..

~*Jessica*~

gelatogirl said...

Im givin my point of view...and i don't lie.
So whatver u see, is prolly what happens...that's why i dare say it, i guess...

Besides, its not a fantasy!
Haha!
Far from actually...

Fantasies are things the u imagine...will would know la! Like dreams that may or may not happen...
Like osme guys dream that they'll have threesomes with 2 women...but that never happens mor eoften than not...
I reckon fantasies don't happen most of the time!

-Tanya-

gelatogirl said...

OH no...i re-read my post and realised it sounded like Will fantasizes of havin threesomes...no no no...he doesn't...
He's a one woman man...as in...one official woman man la...
But he would know what Fantasies are though...as in...aiyaaa...
Fantasies!

Jess said...

Wah~ If it's not a fantasy...
Meaning - You had or you want a (verbal - which i don't really know how.)foreplay with Timothy?!
Aiyo... Cannot.. U have a bf u know..

(2nd post - last sentence)Your explanation about fantasies = Total confusion~~
Ha. I'm kiddin.

~*Jessica*~

Jess said...

Hi Will,

Love takes 2 hands to clap.

Sex.....

Err..

Yeah. I agree to the point that if u have sex with ppl u love,
It's making love.

If someone have it just for the sake of pleasure, to satisfy their needs...
then it'll be
Having sex.

=)

~Take care~

Unknown said...

Just when i thought the rooster stopped crowing...

and btw Jessica, Thank you for your comments. I appreciate it.

gelatogirl said...

Eh, Jeanie says that now community centres have sex ed courses to teach people to have sex properly...
That's such a WEIRD course man...

Well jessica...
Think of somethin you'd totally wanna do but u know u'll prolly neva achieve because you're SO NOT GOOD ENOUGH (for me, that'd be eating expensive chocolates for free and not growing fat AT ALL)...that would be a fantasy in my prerogative!
Without HARD WORK and DETERMINATION, it never happens la basically...
That being said, it would only be a FUCKED UP dream...something you'd be wasting your time on...
I mean, if you're a NATO (no action talk only) person that is la...Haha!

Eh you're so cute! I'mma check out your blog...

Jess said...

Hmmm.. Have sex properly?
How?
Weird..
However, if you manage to how..
*Whisper*
"Tell me!"

Nah... If i'm 'drop-dead gorgeous' (which i doubt i'll ever be in my entire lifetime),
i'm sure i can do lots and LOTS of things without any hard work...
Hmmm....
*Imagining*

Huh? You know my blog?

-------------------------------
Oh. Anyway. Hi Will. Dropping by again.

=)
-------------------------------


~*Jessica*~