Friday, June 23, 2006

"Oh well, it seems like such fun until you lose what you had won..." - Jet

Life’s not all humdrum. And with all its ups and downs, every little thing, every little detail makes life worth living. Have a look at the rundown of this year’s World Cup

The “Waltzing Matildas” are through to the next round where they’ll face the “Pasta-eating, Pizza-tossing” Italians.

And the English and Germans got what they wanted- not facing each other.
The “Three-Lions” will take on the boys from Ecuador and the Hosts will cope with the Swedes.

Juan Roman Riquelme will guide Argentina against the Mexican Jalapenos in Leipzig.
Luis Figo will have to “Go- Dutch” when his young Portuguese side issues a strong challenge against the Netherlands. Masterminded by one of the best strikers in the 1990’s- A Dutch Master himself, Marco van Basten.

And there’s Ghana. This African nation was underestimated from the very beginning of the Finals and they silenced their critics by advancing to the 2nd round. There, they’ll have to confront their nightmare- the Footballing “Gods” from Brazil


"Oh well, it seems like such fun until you lose what you had won..." – Jet

I was walking down the same path that led to Fort Ed. It’s splendor and all its grandeur still overawed me till this day and how the Duke of Evil, Ed, took away my most beloved.

Standing, once again, at the gates of Fort Ed, I peered into the steel bars. It’s people were wealthy and were of a certain class. The way they behaved, the way they talked- it all seemed different. I just can’t quite put a finger on it.

After pondering for a while, then, it hit me- the people weren’t happy. They were not smiling as that of my people in my kingdom. Foundations to the Kingdom of Will have been erected. Everyone chipped in, even I did. For once, there was no Monarchy in a Kingdom… There was equality. From children to men, laborers to merchants and vagabonds to kings, we worked as one to reform and restructure the foundations to the Kingdom of Will.

Duke Ed was standing at the highest balcony and looking down at his people and giving his usual speech, “…so allow me to present to you, my new wife…”
The expected muffled mumblings from the townsfolk ensued and even I was astounded. My mind began to cloud in confusion, “ That’s quick, it’s only been a few months…”

A lady clad in white strolled into view. The sparkles from the precious stones could be distinguished from miles away. When I eventually made out that silhouette, I was flabbergasted- it wasn’t who I thought it was.

“Queen Cassopeia… she’ll rule beside me and govern all domestic affairs…” Ed declared to the townsfolk gathered below, “… go forth… and spread the word on Queen Cass…”

“Then where on the living plane is thy former queen?” uncertainties, fears and worries shrouded my thoughts, “I have to look for her…”

My attention was drawn to one wall with what seems to be a notice: “…Jeania is banished from Fort Ed…” This was getting insane. Loving one moment, tossed away like a used doll the next. Rumors had said that Jeania is living in the woods amongst the bears, yet, still treated like royalty.

Once a Queen, still is, and always will be.
I head home to continue on the restoration of the Kingdom of Will.

Go Figure

2 comments:

Jacqueline, HuiLin said...

Wah lao ehz...
Like this also must write...

wat r u tinking?

Jess said...

Hmmm... Is there any hidden meaning.....?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......