Monday, June 25, 2007

“If I were blue, would you be there for me, and whisper in my ear, ‘that’s ok’…” – Redwan Ali

“What you want to do in life” versus “What you have to do in life”
Tough match up huh?

I’ve always considered going into the financial sector (where all the money is) and thus, sacrificing my love and passion for music and the arts. If any goons can’t tell by now, I have a passion for writing, love for music and definitely some creative flair.

Wondering how it’ll be like to scale the corporate ladder, polish the apples of your customers, kiss the asses of your bosses and backstab colleagues, all within working nine to five.

I, for one, always wear my heart on my sleeve. If you’re crap, I’d have told you straight in your face- “you suck!”

After being in sales and marketing for over a year, I’ve learnt to be tactful and sincere while dealing with such scenarios. I’ve discovered that the taste of the humble pie is sweet, sometimes much sweeter then being all “up there”.

Sometimes in life, you have to do what you want to do.
At other times, you have to know what you’re good at.
But more often then not, you have to do what you feel is right.
Then everything else will fall in place.

You might not be richer than Bill Gates.
You might not be more powerful than George Bush.
You might not be more popular than ____________ (insert your favorite "whatever")

But know this; everyone around you, who ever cared for you, deserves your everything.
Everyone who still loves you deserves more respect from you then just your provision for the monetary expenses. Life is not about money, it’s more than that.

..Figured..

3 comments:

*=Yvonne eLizaBeth=* said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica Tan said...

Cool.

*=Yvonne eLizaBeth=* said...

ahhh
u gt the song
everyone i know is crazy over it....
hehehe

life is def more den juz in monetary form...